Can’t decide between natural wood and painted kitchen cabinets? In today’s kitchens, it doesn’t have to be either/or. Similar to how matched furniture sets have fallen to the wayside, more and more designers are mixing cabinet colors rather than matching. Many homeowners settle on just one shade, but choosing multiple cabinet colors can give you some beautiful options.
Since cabinets are large financial AND design investments, here are a few tips to ensure your color choices look intentional rather than piecemeal.
1. Choose consistent cabinetry styles (i.e. all contemporary, transitional, etc.).
2. Painted cabinetry in light colors such as white and cream often mix well with darker wood tones.
3. When mixing cabinet colors and woodgrains, keep tones consistent by using all warm or cool colors, or by pairing a warm or cool color with a neutral color.
4. Use different cabinetry colors to designate zones. For example, use one color for the upper cabinetry and another for the bottom cabinetry. Or, keep the primary cabinets one color and choose a different color for the kitchen island base cabinets.
5. Unify the cabinetry colors by using the same family of cabinetry hardware.
The Best Kitchen and Bath Cabinets in Denver
If you would like some help designing your new kitchen, our talented design team is here to help! We’ve been delivering the best kitchen and bath experience since 1999 for Denver and the front range. We always offer free design and estimates and we’ll help you choose the perfect cabinets, flooring, countertops for your space, while helping you stay within your budget.