The Shop Small movement has become a shopping tradition for many. It’s an opportunity to share your support for small businesses with roots in our community. We started as a small 6-person laminate shop in Arvada, and have grow, moved our showroom to Denver, and now employ dozens of hard-working Coloradans, all thanks to the support of our local community. We invite you to support any and all of your favorite local businesses this holiday season. Here’s a few ideas of how you can help:
- Make a purchase from local shops instead of national retailers and explore what kind of expertise can be found just down the street.
- Buy gift cards from local businesses to use later or to give as gifts.
- Try a new locally owned restaurant, or make a return trip back to one of your favorites.
- Tell your friends and family about great local businesses. You suggestions can mean the world to small businesses finding new customers.
- Engage with your favorite businesses on social media. (Like their page, comment on their posts, share their sale, recommend them to others.)
- Write a positive review. If you’ve had a good experience somewhere, let the world know! Positive reviews on things like Google Facebook, Nextdoor, Yelp etc. can really help local small businesses get noticed by others.
“Choosing to shop small is choosing to invest in your community. For every dollar spent at a small business, an average of $0.67 stays in that business’s local neighborhood.” –U.S. Chamber of Commerce
When you buy locally, the small business you’re making your purchase from benefits, but goes well beyond helping just one shop. When small businesses do well, they often hire more people. When more people are shopping more local businesses can grow. Taxes paid on local goods then go to pay for local infrastructure and community needs like libraries, schools, and services.
By supporting local businesses, we can all help entrepreneurship thrive. Every local retailer in Denver is one of our neighbors who has taken a risk to try and offer something to our community
As a small local business we now work with some of the largest contractors and builders in the state. We’ve been doing business here in the greater-Denver area for over 23 years. We have been able to expand our company and been able to give back to the community by donating materials and time to schools, fire departments, and folks in need.
We believe in a stronger Colorado built on hard work, honesty, and pride in who you are and what you do. We are very proud of what we have accomplished so far, and are looking to do even greater things in the future.
We’d love to help you with your next countertop, cabinet, or flooring project and we always offer free design and estimates. Call us today and schedule a free consultation at 303-996-6026.
Now get out there and support your favorited Denver businesses.